Thomas tagged me with 5 things which I’ve always wanted to do… so here goes:
- Visit Everest base camp. No idea why. I just want to. Always have. Not that interested in climbing Everest but I’d love to see it.
- Write a book. Not an instruction manual, a book. Not a novel either.
- Play football for Scotland. Being 46 has made me realise that this particular dream is fading. It makes me really angry when people who could play choose not to.
- See my kids grow up and be happy. I know that sounds corny but I think this is the thing that makes me feel the greatest sense of love and pride.
- Make a difference. I’m not sure how or where but I have a sense that at some point I’ll make a significant difference to something, possibly the church, but maybe not. I’m looking forward to that whenever the time comes.
This was a hard list to write and looking at it now it seems a little obvious. Maybe I’m obvious but this is my list.