I’m running the Men’s 10k on Sunday in Glasgow in support of SAMH.
I’m almost at my £500 target!!! Thank you so much to everyone who has donated so far. Your contributions with help SAMH to do some much needed work with children. Their Going to Be campaign is highlighting the lack of support for children and young people who have mental ill health. You can donate HERE.
Young people need our help now. Here’s why:
- Three children in every class will have experienced mental health problems by the time they’re 16.
- Every day, 20 young people don’t get the help they need for mental health problems. That’s 7,248 young people last year. These young people were rejected from receiving a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) usually following a referral from their GP, but we don’t know why or what has happened to them.
- When it comes to finding help for your mental health, only a quarter of young people know where to go.
- One call every thirty minutes to ChildLine is from a young person experiencing suicidal thoughts.
- Last quarter, in Scotland, almost 7,426 young people were on a waiting list to be assessed for CAMHS.
Please help if you can. Thanks.