The Church of Scotland’s Church and Society Committee are hosting a day looking at ‘Virtualisation & Society in Edinburgh on Thursday 21 January from 10am – 4pm. The day is FREE. To book your place email vcano [at] cofscotland [dot] org [dot] uk.
- How has virtualisation impacted on notions of identity?
- How has virtualisation impacted on our values as human beings?
- How has increased connectivity impacted on the nature of our organisations?
- How has increased connectivity and virtualisation impacted on our ability to develop meaningful communities?
- Is a regulatory framework desirable?
- What are the theological implications of the changes being brought to individuals, to society and to organisations by increased connectivity and virtualisation?
- Prof. John Eldridge. University of Glasgow. Dept. of Sociology, Anthropology and Applied Social Sciences
- Prof. Phillip Schlesinger. Professor in Cultural Policy. Institute of Cross Cultural Studies. University of Glasgow.
- Dr. Heidi Campbell. Texas A&M University. Department of Communication.
- David Pullinger. Head of Digital Policy. COI.
- Prof. Michael Northcott. University of Edinburgh. New College.
Come and say Hi! if you’re going.