thePROJECT:2, ‘In The Flesh’, Saturday 20th June, Edinburgh.
12.00 – 4.30pm @ The Lot, 4-6 Grassmarket
- FISCHY MUSIC (music)/ ROB McKENZIE & ANDREW PHILIP (poetry)/ ‘Mosh Pit: Art, Culture & Faith’ (forum discussion with DOUG GAY & others)/ Videovoxpopping/ Kissing Booth/ Body Parts/ Gentle City Walks/ The Big Knit/ Scratch Mary Poppins (with PHIL WHITE).
1.00 – 7.00pm @ St Columba’s by the Castle, 14 Johnston Terrace
- ‘Art & Justice’ (workshop with BEKI BATESON & others)/ ‘Emerging Church (workshop with STEWART CUTLER & JULIE WILSON & others)/ ‘Copenhagen 2009 – crucifixion of Mother Earth or resurrection of the Cosmic Christ’ (workshop with ROSS LOVERIDGE)/ ‘Concentric circles & words of faith’ (worship with STEVE BUTLER & friends)/ Bring-yer-own-food and eat together/ free tea & coffee
7.00pm – 1.00am @ Pleasance Cabaret Bar, 60 The Pleasance
- ROB McKENZIE & ANDREW PHILIP (poetry)/ JAKE TATTON (punky banshee pop)/ WE SEE LIGHTS (indie quirky delights)/ IAIN ARCHER (Ivor Novello winning singer-songwriting)/ Solstice marking (liturgical action)
Tickets can be booked NOW!!!
- 12 – 7pm only (Lot & St Columba’s): £6.50*
- 7pm – 1am (Pleasance only): £16.50*
- ALL DAY (Lot, St Columba’s & Pleasance): £21.50*
- 12 – 7pm only (Lot & St Columba’s): £5.00*
- 7pm – 1am (Pleasance only): £9.50*
- ALL DAY (Lot, St Columba’s & Pleasance): £13.50*
- ALL DAY Family (2 adults, 2 under-18’s): £56.00*
Don’t hing aboot! Book your ticket online now, as venue capacities are limited!
*Ticket prices above are inclusive of booking fee & credit card charges. Children under 5 free.
thePROJECT is an interim process of small, viral, organic events during 2009 & 2010, building to the possibility of a larger festival of arts, culture & faith (inspired by, but not exactly imitating Greenbelt and other similar events) in 2011.
Any such any future large festival event has no clear or predetermined shape or consensus about its form, length, breadth, geography or season. Whatever we end up, will arise from this series of small gatherings (each very different in form and content) during 2009 & 2010, and was inspired initially by the spirit of Greenbelt, but also would learn from other Scottish & European models such as Street Level, Carberry Festival, Kirchentag, Edinburgh Festival, The Mod and Celtic Connections. We’re magpies at heart!
The ‘interfaces of engagement’ will be primarily those mapped out by the likes of the above events and others:
arts – faith – theology – ecology – politics –philosophy – spirituality – justice
…or basically celebration, inspiration, irreverence, profundity, laughter, tears, questions, argument, friendship, shivers up the spine – add your own noun to the list.
Who might like it?
thePROJECT is for those interested in a deliberate exploration of the arts, culture and faith. We hope to make it a comfortable place for insiders, outsiders and maybe especially those at the margins of the church.
thePROJECT will be primarily be adult (young and not so young), but importantly, there will be an inclusive provision for children and families, to the extent resources allow.